1. Which traditional theatrical dance form which originated in Kerala, means ‘performing or playing together’?
Answer : Koodiyattam.
2. ______ is a tribal art form from the Mithila region in Bihar, symbolized by painting featuring complex geometrical patterns. Interestingly, women in Bihar are using this art form to save trees – painting them across the highway to stop authorities from cutting them. Which is this art form?
Answer : Madhubani.
3. This is an ancient Indian style of hand painting done on cotton and silk fabric uses a special pen made of tamarind twigs/bamboo reed. It was also found in archaeological sites of Mohenjo-daro. Which art form is this?
Answer : Kalamkari.
4. A world record was set when more than 1 lakh people gathered in Kota, Rajasthan on 21st June, 2018 and took part in a collective lesson. What were they celebrating?
Answer : World Yoga Day.
5. With its origins in the city of Lucknow, this style of embroidery has now travelled world over. Believed to have been introduced by Nur Jahan, it is characterized by very intricate white-on-white shadow work. Which style are we talking about?
Answer : Chikankari.